First dates can be nerve wracking. You might feel it went well but she may not! You may have had a horrid time but she is planning the wedding. Here are a few signs to look out for to know if the date went well.
1. She is in no hurry to leave. If she lingers between courses, orders a second cup of coffee (or another bottle of wine). She is having a good time and doesn’t want to leave but doesn’t want to tell you that just yet, as she possible isn’t sure how you feel. So she tries to extend the meal for as long as she can.
2. She makes physical contact during the meal. Small gestures like briefly touching your hand or your arm. Or legs rubbing against each other – more than can be considered coincidental. Physical contact is a sign someone feels comfortable with you and would like that physical contact. Not necessarily sex, so don’t get all excited and ask the waiter where the nearest place to get condoms is; the touches are simply her way of letting you know she likes you.
3. She shares personal information about herself. Things like her family, her childhood, where she lives. Again a sign she is comfortable enough with you to share those things. It’s also a sign she is willing to be open with you.
4. Eye contact. Eye contact is vital. If she looks at you and can hold the eye contact she is definitely interested. Eyes tell a lot about people and she is trying to read you. Try not to look away. Hold her eyes (not literally, you understand!).
5. Flow of conversation. This isn’t always a good indicator – if she is nervous it may make her affect her, but generally if the conversations flow equally. So you are both talking – not you talking and her listening. Then it’s going well. For this one though you need to have at least 2 of the other signs. It is possible to meet someone who you can talk to but not be attracted to.
6. There are references made to things she would like to show you, movies she would like so see with you or people she would like you to meet. This is a pretty obvious sign that she does see things progressing to the next level. Don’t panic - she isn’t picking out the china just yet.
7. She gives you a hug and/or kiss when you say goodbye. Doesn’t have to be a full on, tongue-down-throat-kiss. Can be a simple lip kiss. Take her lead on this one and don’t try shove your tongue between her pursed lips – you will go from hero to zero in 10 seconds! The kiss and/or hug is enough of a sign that she is keen.
8. Her last words are “chat tomorrow”. This is a very clear “I am interested and if you want me to stay interested make contact tomorrow”. Yes women today are all independent and confident and stuff but they still like a bit of old school chivalry. So call her tomorrow and if for some reason you can’t, text or mail – anything just to let her know you had a good time or hope she has a good day or something equally simple but exceptionally meaningful.
9. There are of course the less subtle signs. She may simple say “I like you and want to see you again” or “Are you coming back to my place”. Personally these are my choice – it makes life easier for both parties. The cards are on the table. No signs could be misread – it’s all out there to use or not use!